9.21.2009

Piper's Almost Broken Nose

The pics were taken around noon today.
Today has been a dramatic and traumatic day for this Levy clan! Around 7 am this morning I was holding Piper and began making coffee so I sat her on the counter, which is done regularly around here! I even had my hand on her but in the blink of an eye she lunged forward to the tile nose first! Oh, the thought of what happened makes my stomach turn! Anyway, she had blood coming from her nose and her mouth and began crying but it was the weirdest cry. I called Michael to come back home. Piper didn't cry long but became really lethargic quickly which was a bad sign. So, I finally decided that we need to go to the ER. We got to the ER and were being admitted when a more critical case came in so at that point we decided just to leave and wait to go to the pediatrician. Michael went on to work. During this entire time Piper was just quiet and clingy. We were able to go to the pediatrician around 9:15 and she looked her over and wasn't concerned about a head injury b/c by that point Piper was back to talking, playing and walking around. But, she was concerned that her nose might be broken. So, I had to take her to the hospital for xrays which was so awful. It took four of us to hold her down to get the xrays they needed and I about started bawling right along with my poor baby. It was so sad! Then we were able to come home. Shortly before 11 am the nurse called and said that Piper's nose was not broken! Hallelujah! If it would have been broken, the dr. told me that they were going to have to give anesthesia in order to pop it back into place! Oh I'm so thankful that she didn't have a head injury and she didn't have a broken nose. She just is going to have a really swollen, black & blue nose and a tongue that is cut! Today, we stayed at home to snuggle and play. Poor thing has a double ear infection, a cut tongue, and a horribly swollen nose. The past two weeks haven't been going so great for her! And, her mama sure isn't going to get the mother of the year award either! We are excited about smoother days to come!!!

4 comments:

chandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chandra said...

You do deserve a Mother of the Year Award for making it through all of that! I am so glad you girls are okay. I love ya.

Martha said...

We've sat our kids on the counter before also! It could have happened to anyone. I'm glad Piper is okay!

The Morris' said...

Ohh, I'm sorry about your couple of weeks. You are a trooper and so is Piper!