9.16.2008

New beginnings

Life in Ardmore has been good so far. My sister came down to help me unpack things on Saturday. She was a huge help and motivator! Piper was able to play, or be played with I should say, with her cousins while Sheryl and I worked! We're almost settled in to this house. My friends, Lindsey and Chandra are coming today to help me w/a few things and to hang out. On Sunday, we visited FBC. We attended their contemporary service in the a.m. and then attended the p.m. service. It was nice and the childcare workers were very sweet. They acted as if we'd already joined the church! We are going to visit a few more churches before deciding. Yesterday, one of our neighbors brought us a yummy loaf of bread she made that morning. She was very friendly and knew everything about anything! So, I may have to call upon her if I have questions about anything! Today, I attended the local Tuesday morning bible study. They purchase all the materials from the organization, Community Bible Study, but they are not affiliated with them b/c they have yet to gain sponsorship here. It is a lot like BSF. I was a little disappointed b/c they placed me in a group that doesn't have any girls around my age, but I know I can learn a lot from these women! They offer childcare for free so that's a huge plus! Piper has been sitting up on her own for a few seconds at a time. I can tell she's getting close! She's been wanting to sit upright a lot as evidenced by her pulling forward with her torso! She's been eating cereal, but hasn't quite gotten the hang of it or it may be that she's not into yet! I tried feeding her some mushy bananas last night and the look on her face said, 'Oh this is disgusting! What has my mom spooned into my mouth!" Piper is still waking up in the middle of the night. I don't know what that's all about but I do know it is making me tired! She's also been in a bad napping phase so I'm really trying to train her this week in that area, but it is hard! Here is some pics of Piper that I took last night after Michael put together her jumperoo set! She really likes it!


2 comments:

Ame... said...

Wow Shelly, that is great that you are already getting settled and meeting people in the community! I hope that you fit right in and find some great girlfriends:)Please keep in touch! Piper just is getting cuter and cuter!

Hannah E. said...

Oh I miss you already!!!!!!

Piper already looks different! How is that possible? Man, they change fast. Love you guys and I'm glad to hear things are going well so far. I'll be praying for your transition.