2.02.2010

21 Months

Piper is 21 months now! 3 more months and we have a 2 year old!!! Yikesys!
This is her 1st band-aid for a boo-boo. She cut her finger while Daddy was watching her...or maybe NOT watching her! ha!

Look at those big brown eyes! She had just eaten a cookie which is why her face is dirty.
This is her signature look! I know I'll be seeing this look well into adulthood I'm sure!!
And, this is is also one of her signature looks! Much better I think!
Ever since we visited Grandma and Papa's house in Fargo she looks out the window for a cat! We have no cats in our neighborhood though! Too bad Daddy and I are not cat people b/c she seems to be very fond of them!!
She loves playing on the dining table bench now. She can crawl on it all by herself now! She has also learned how to finally pull herself up onto the sofa, but still needs help some of the time. She hasn't been much of a climber and I'm just fine with that!
She looks just like Michael here! The longer face and lower jowls--is that what you call it?? Lower cheeks is another name for it! But, look how dark her eyes are. Those are not Michael's and not mine!
Piper has always called her baby dolls, 'baby' but this morning she named one of her baby's 'Kate' b/c she is obsessed with my friend Kristen's baby named Kate. Kristen also has a girl 2 months older than Piper named Claire and Piper has always loved Claire. But ever since Kristen and her husband kept Piper for us one night she has developed an obsession with Kate. She wakes up in the morning asking for Daddy and Kate...that's what kind of place Kate has in Piper's heart! ha! Piper has been adding phrases to her vocabulary this month. One thing she says is "I'm gonna get you." and then tickles the person she is saying it to, especially other kids! She hasn't been acting out with other kids that much like hitting or biting or anything like that, but she 'loves' on them especially rough and is pretty obsessed with 'mauling' kids when she is excited to see them so we have been working on being extra gentle and taking care of others and showing them love much softer! She's just like her mama--I probably seem like I'm mauling others when I get to socialize with them b/c I crave relationships with others!! hehe!

No comments: