2.26.2010

Random pictures

I realize I haven't blogged in a while. There are many reasons for this! The biggest reason is because we moved the desktop computer upstairs to the dungeon and our laptop that we kept downstairs broke! I'm too lazy to walk upstairs and spend hours on the computer like I use to on the laptop while watching TV! The second is I haven't taken many pictures! We have been busy this month and sick (I'll come back to that!). We recently went to go see my best friend, Chandra, and her new baby, Sophia. While we were visiting, we stayed in Edmond at my sister's house and Piper got some good cousin time in! Piper is in another new phase that I cannot describe. She is keenly aware of everything and is very, very ornery!! She is talking a lot! If I say, "How Cool!" She says, "O Cool!" She likes to identify mommy and daddy's things, like "mommy's water" or "daddy's shoes." And she has been saying more and more sentences! Piper is also building quite a relationship w/my dad on the phone. She will call him or he will call her so that they can talk in animal noises to each other! Hahaha! I'm serious! They talk a bit and then start going over all the animal sounds. Piper loves it even when she tries to act like she doesn't like it. Yesterday, she wanted to talk to Papa but when I asked her if she wanted to call him she said, "Nooo" and then picks her baby up and says, "Kate, Papa. Kate, Papa" To me, meaning baby Kate call Papa. And right then Papa called. So funny. She didn't want to talk to him but she wanted her baby Kate to and so Papa talked to Kate! That is some kind of crazy grandparent love!! Anyway, yes we have been quite sick in February. I think I mentioned last time that we were but Piper got another ear infection this week and so we have to go visit the ENT to discuss tubes. She did not sleep well until last night really. And, while that was going on I picked up the stomach virus. So while having the stomach stuff in the middle of the night I was also sleeping in a rocker w/my sick baby! FUN! Michael eventually took over and had to stay home the next day to take care of us! I cloroxed everything in my house yesterday hoping that we ward off any more disease! I'm sick of being sick!! Here are some random pictures to enjoy!Piper likes to get Daddy's hats out of the closet. Please don't pay attention to the nasty, dirty mirror in the picture! I have cleaned it since!
She is playing hide and seek. Daddy taught her this game and now she plays it all the time, especially when it is time to go somewhere! When Michael gets home from work and begins playing with Piper, her favorite thing to say is "Hide, hide!"
And, this is right before bed time. Her hair is crazy b/c I had just taken her ponytail out, but I love the look on her face.

No comments: