4.02.2015

Getaway











Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa, Michael and I were able to get away for a couple of nights without the kids.  Well, we had Emerson but she was easy peasy!  When traveling with a baby, everyone comments and dotes on the baby!  Michael observed this a few times.  It was interesting though, because of Emerson being with us on this trip we met two different retired couples who were childless they told me.  Different reasons for both couples, but even though I was able to see they had dealt with the loss of what had never been probably many, many years ago, there was still glimmer of sadness in their eyes as they told me they did not have children.  It made me thank the Lord for my children and have an appreciation that I would be coming home to them even though I was wanting to get away from them!  And maybe I felt a little guilt as well, but I know that it's great to get away from the kids every now and then!  We stayed in a little cabin in the country outside of Brownsboro, Texas.  It had a rustic feel to it, complete with a stuffed fox and stuffed raccoon!  Nice!  We had quiet, peaceful evenings, a morning of sleeping in, and really beautiful weather!  It felt like we were in Colorado.  Michael went zip lining while I watched and visited with a woman whose family was zip lining.  We ate some yummy meals, bonded with Emerson, and read a lot!  Just what we needed! While there, Emerson began sucking her thumb!  I have never had a thumb sucker so I find it fascinating and hilarious.  Something funny about me when we stay in places like this, I always love being secluded with no neighbors around and discuss how it would be great to purchase a large acreage and move there but then nightfall hits and I'm always scared out of my mind.  I hear every little noise and think it's the big bad wolf or something.  At night the idea of living out in the country petrifies me, but then when the sun rises I go back to thinking "Oh this would be so nice!"  Brother! I'm a mess!

No comments: