7.02.2015

Trip to Oklahoma

Last week, we went to Oklahoma again.  This time, we stayed the entire week with my sister.  Piper attended VBS at their church.  It's always so nice to go to Sheryl's because it's easy, we're taken care of well, and I have six other people to babysit at any given time!  Ha!  
 Sheryl with nakey Emerson!
 Briggs and Seth in their pj's.  Seth let Briggs have a "sleepover" one night.  Briggs thought it was so cool to sleep in Seth's room.  These two had a lot of fun together!
 Piper had three swim lessons with Paige.  Piper loved it!  They worked on improving her strokes and diving.  Diving is going to take some time!
 While we were there during the week, so was my friend Chandra and her kids. Above, Sophia is holding Emerson.  And below, it's Lilly, Piper, and Sophia.  They were staying at one of their family member's houses too.  Chandra's three girls had swim lessons with Paige each day so it was fun for the kids to play together each day!  On Thursday, it was Chandra's birthday so Sheryl so sweetly offered to babysit all of our kids while we went to lunch!  I have the best sister!

 This picture of Briggs making Emerson laugh is a daily thing.  He's usually making some weird noise and getting right up in her face as he sticks his tongue out or opens his mouth really wide!  She always laughs so he will keep doing it!
 One of the mornings, while Piper was at VBS, I took Emerson and Briggs to see my friend Mendy and her girls.  Mendy has the best place because they have animals.  Briggs hates animals but I love exposing my kids to them because they are so city-fied!  I'm rolling my eyes as I typed that!  Chandra and her girls were there too.  We didn't tell Piper she missed out on this!
 Emerson liked the horses and chickens too!

 They had a family fun night at the church.  Briggs wasn't old enough to attend VBS in the mornings, but he was able to attend this fun night.  He wanted to paint the pony with his hands.  Who came up with this dumb idea???  That poor pony!!
 Uncle Trebor is the baby magnet and holds them in the most unique ways!  I love this picture because it makes me laugh looking at Emerson's expression.  It's somewhat saying "Help Me." and "What is this dude doing?"
 The girls and I built a fun fort out of sheets in Anna's room one night.  They went to bed around 10 pm and Piper did not wake up until 10 am!  First time ever!
 Originally, we were going to head home on Friday but southern Oklahoma had this monumental rain storm so I waited another day in case the Red River completely flooded and I-35 was shut down!  So on Friday, Sheryl and I took the kids to get donuts and paint pottery.

 Then that evening we went to a cool area in OKC called the Plaza district to eat some yummy pizza and ice cream!
We had a fun time!  Piper had a lot of tears when we left, which is typical.  That never gets easier. But we sure are blessed to have people to miss and cry about!

No comments: