7.23.2008

Schedule Change

Today is Day 2 of our new 4 hour feeding schedule. This means that Piper only eats every 4 hours and she eats 5 times in a 24 hour period instead of 6. So far it has been a success and it didn't affect her nighttime sleep last night! I'm so proud of her! In addition to changing her eating times, her nap times have also been adjusted. Before she was staying awake for 1 1/2 hours and sleeping 1 1/2 hours. Now she stays awake for 2 hours and sleeps for 2 hours, except for night of course. The extra 1/2 hour of staying awake has been a little difficult for her, but she's slowly adjusting to it and has been able to stay awake longer each wake time. Today, she has done perfect with her eating and sleeping!! I think she'll be in the new routine by the end of the week with no problems...knock on wood!! As you can tell, I'm pretty strict with my schedule but it has really been working well for us! I like the predictability of it, but at the same time I can be flexible if I allow myself to be. I've found it to be hard for me to find that perfect balance, which I'm sure a lot of moms can relate. Although, I cannot find the perfect balance (b/c it doesn't exist), I still like how things are going. Piper is such a great baby and for the most part fairly easy! I'm very blessed!

Anyway, enough of this boring stuff, here's a picture to enjoy!

This is our friend Macy on the right. You can't tell very well in this pic, but she has red hair. I love red hair!! Her older sister and brother have the same hair color and they all three look the same too! Just like their Daddy! Her mom, Lisa, dropped by this evening and they were wearing the same onesie! Perfect picture opportunity! My daughter; however, would not smile! Shocking...she has such a serious demeanor! Macy was born 2 days before Piper in the same hospital. Lisa and I were able to share a few pregnant moments together; however, she's a veteran of the whole motherhood thing because this is her 3rd!

No comments: