5.03.2012

Happy 4th Birthday Piper Reese!!

 On April 30th, we had a fun day of celebrating Piper's 4th birthday!  She awoke to balloons all over her bedroom floor and streamers hanging in her doorway.  The day before she turned 4, she did tell me, "Mommy I do not want to grow up!" (with a whiny, almost crying voice!)  "Okay, that's fine.  You don't have to want to grow up."  "Do you know why I don't want to grow up?"  "No, Why?"  "Because I don't want to learn how to drive!  I just want you to take me everywhere and be with me all the time!"  You heard it here first folks!  I will be remembering this as she rolls her eyes and heads off to drive her car someday!
 She agreed to go to the Y so Mommy could work out, only because Aunt Sheryl bribed her with a birthday present...it was Candy Land and 4 $1 bills.  Aunt Sheryl spoils Piper with presents!  After the Y, we went to the donut shop.  Because this girl is just like her mama!  She loves donuts!
 However, the donut shop we chose was pretty much out of donuts by 11 am!  They only had whole wheat donut wholes left and our beloved pigs in a blanket!  I told Piper we could go to another donut shop and she quickly replied, "No, I'm fine with this!"  She even said the whole wheat donut holes were better.  I sure didn't think so!  Briggs is a big fan of donuts.  He's a big fan of anything sweet and full of carbs!
 After donuts we walked down the sidewalk to the pet store.  This lovely adventure was chosen as soon as I said, "Piper, on your birthday what do you want to do?  You can pick anything you want!"  "pet store!"
 She made friends with another boy looking at animals.  She said, "I'm 4."  He said, "Me too!"  And, it was instant friendship...even though we'll most likely never see him again!
 Then she chose to push Briggs in the stroller back to the car.  It's the simple things!
 When we arrived home, her next activity was to play outside.  We play outside in the front yard with the neighbor kids pretty much every.single.day!  It is fun, but I seem to never get anything done anymore!
 These are some of the neighbor girls and my niece, Olivia.  They are playing some kind of beauty shop game!
 Aunt Sheryl relaxing outside with Piper's wig!
 Piper thinks having hair to your bottom is the best thing ever!  This pink hair makes her feel quite special because it is so long!
 Getting ready to open presents.  Oh, I forgot to mention that Aunt Sheryl and her family came over for dinner to celebrate.  We grilled hamburgers.  I made guacamole, salsa (homemade, yes!), broccoli salad, and strawberry cake.
 Briggs is stinking cute and saying 'cheese' in this picture.  That is one new thing he's doing!  So darn cute!
 She got a new basketball and soccer ball which she thought was the bomb dot com!
 And, Briggs knows how much she loves Tangled so he gave her a Rapunzel Barbie!


 Sunglasses that make her look like a total diva!  Today she wore them with her ballet outfit and I'm telling you she looked like she was in charge!!  Ha!
 A fun new towel wrap from Grandma & Grandpa
 Listening to us sing "Happy Birthday" and anticipating blowing the candles out.  She wanted a strawberry cake but when she took a bite she didn't like it!  Oh well.  She loved the ice cream!
 Mama loves Piper.

 She is playing with her new cash register from Mommy & Daddy.  This was the only thing she asked for.  And she's been asking for it since January!
 All the commotion and fun made Briggs HYPER!!
 Anna & Briggs
 The girls with Briggs.  It was a fun night!
 Piper with her new pillow pet.  This is the biggest one I have ever seen!  She named him Spangled Cocky!
 The party ended and we enjoyed playing a little bit more with our birthday girl.  She and Daddy were sharing secrets with the wrapping paper tube!

Whew!  What a great day.  She has her new pj's on from Aunt Amy and their fam!  She had a great day!  The day she was born was so scary to me and the delivery part hard, but once she was here I instantly loved her!  I was so proud of her that day and still am!  When I first saw her, I told Michael (which he makes fun of me about to this day!) "She looks like a Piper.  I think we should name her Piper." (instead of Ginger)  He said, "Okay" and I think he may have giggled at me.  I was emotional!  Now, we joke and say Piper is an adjective used to describe someone with a similar personality...one that is, shall we say, spunky!  Happy Birthday spunky girl!

No comments: